Wednesday 31 August 2022

August spending

 

Another month has flown by and it's time for the end of the month totals!  I knew I'd failed miserably on sticking to the £120 food/supermarket budget before I got the calculator out 🙄

I spent £170.42 in supermarkets PLUS £53.26 in takeaways 🤯 No excuses, just a lack of planning and being too tired to batch cook.

I bought a pair of trousers for work.

I bought 3 more raised beds from B&Q (the £20 ones)  for the allotment.

I spent £49.17 on some stuff for my classroom.

And I got my hair cut ✀

Total spend for the month (excluding all the usual household bills already budgeted for) was £458.75!  I'm pleased with that and I'm not going to dwell on the fact that if I hadn't bought takeaways and stuff for school it would be around £100 less!!

So I can add £1042.39 to my savings this month.  WOOHOO!! 🙌

After eight months, my savings total now stands at £8377.78 which means I'm getting closer to my target 😊😊😊

18 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant amount of savings! Well done to you! I really should start trying to save more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's amazing what you can do if you really focus on just not spending money!!

      Delete
  2. Great savings Ali. Well done you. I was over in a couple of budget lines, but I am going to do better in September. Well at least I hope to do better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the cost of basic food is rising quickly so maybe my £120 a month is optimistic. I'll try again this month :-)

      Delete
  3. Considering how the price of food has soared this month I think you did extremely well. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The takeaways really busted the budget but yep I agree the price of food has soared

      Delete
  4. Congratulations 🎉 👏 That is an awesome amount to have saved.

    Are you feeling any less tired?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a good month! It's Thursday and I'm tired but tomorrow is Friday!! I'm trying to plan my weekend so I don't overdo it but can still achieve some things

      Delete
  5. It's becoming much harder to stick to a food budget with all the increases in price. Where will it all end? I think you've done well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices are ridiculous and I couldn't get some items again on my big delivery today. I really have no idea how it will end, it's a bit scary.

      Delete
  6. So pleased for you. With rising prices you did really well. Hope you feel less tired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm trying to pace myself a bit better this week and eating healthily

      Delete
  7. Added to previous because it came out anonymous- best wishes, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the budget and especially with the savings. One step closer to the door marked retirement. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Everything I'm doing is all to put towards retirement!!

      Delete
  9. Good for you, we've had a month of frugality and feel a little more in control of the budget, it's a positive feeling but I'm sure I'm not the only one slightly worried that there will be an increase in folk suffering from anxiety and depression with all these financial concerns at the moment .
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I have a good job with a reliable income and savings, I'm still concerned about my costs this Winter. So goodness knows how others who are not so lucky are feeling just now

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks