Friday 2 September 2022

£95.28

 

I got my start of the month Sainsbury's delivery last night, arriving rather late at 9.50pm but heyho it got here in the end 🙄 It was a very basic order absolutely no treats/snacks.

Edit to clarify this is for the whole month of September.


I made a mistake with my apples.  I put Pink Ladies in my basket then saw Royal Galas much cheaper and added them.  But either I forgot to cancel the Pink Ladies or the system didn't accept my cancelation.  So I had 12 apples although I'm not actually that keen on eating apples!  I use them in cooking mainly or in salads.  I took 2 to school today and we ate them chopped up as a snack because our new sound this week was 'a' for apple!! 🍎

I also got a large chicken, a dozen eggs (Tuppence isn't laying!!) some goat's butter and some pecorino romano (sheep's milk) cheese.  On the veg front I got sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, peppers, a wee red cabbage, an aubergine and a cucumber plus frozen broccoli and sweetcorn.  I got a 9 roll pack of loo roll, my multivitamins and a 24 pack of Diet Coke (it was on offer.)  Total £95.28!!! 😮

It doesn't look like a lot of meals for a month but I do have plenty of oats and rice in the storecupboard and frozen fruit and veg in the freezer.  Plus a few veggies from the plot.

It looks like some very creative meal planning this month is needed if I want to stay under budget!! 

12 comments:

  1. I wish we had delivery here where I live. You can order on line but then you have to pick it up at the store. We went to stock up on some items and it came to $179.00. I hope I don't have to go back this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do pick up but I like to have it delivered so I don't need to go the supermarket. I always choose a saver slot so it only costs £1 or £2. Stops the instore impulse buys!!!

      Delete
  2. Gosh, Ali, food prices are getting beyond a joke now! I read today that global food prices have fallen for the 5th month running, but that doesn't seem to have filtered downwards to the consumer yet and no doubt prices will be a LOT slower to come down than they were to go up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not made it to the customer yet so who is benefiting from the decrease if prices are rising?? A colleague today said that her hubby went to buy their usual Kelloggs cereal and it was £3.50 for a 500g box!!!

      Delete
  3. I have been shopping online with Asda for two years now and I am hoping to continue for ever! I choose a £2 slot and usually a Tuesday or Wednesday to make sure I bet most things. I reckon I am now paying almost double what I paid two years ago and still have to order teabags online. We had a fridge clearance dinner tonight to use up wraps and salad bits that were going out of date-it was delicious. Happy weekend. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes those clearance meals are brilliant!! It's scary how much food has increased in price!

      Delete
  4. There were a lot of staples there but it seems like a lot for one shop. I don't know the conversion rate but it makes my weekly shop of $50 sound not so bad. Will that last you several weeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's to last me the whole month! My son and his wife are coming for Sunday lunch tomorrow so the chicken will feed us plus make a few other meals for me. I'll pop to Lidl in a week or 2 to pick up some fresh veg but that's it

      Delete
  5. It all sounds good and I look forward to seeing your culinary creations through the month. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've done an audit of my freezer and storecupboard to make a meal plan for the month. Never done a whole month before so things could get interesting!!

      Delete
  6. I really could do with doing an audit of my freezer but I am back on the no spend as my cupboards thankfully are full and I grow all our own veg..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't audited the garage freezer yet but I know it's full of home grown fruit and some veg. Cupboards are also full so I'll be ok for a good few months :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks