Sunday 4 September 2022

Freezing!

 

This was my early Sunday morning view when I got up and it stayed like this for most of the day!  Cold and drizzly then muggy and drizzly!! ☔

I did an audit of the indoor freezer and found a few interesting things I'd forgotten about!

After doing my indoor freezer audit, I emptied it and left it to defrost overnight.  Fridge and freezer got a thorough cleaning ready to be filled again.

The garage chest freezer was pretty full once I'd put the indoor stuff in it.  It's next on my list to clear out and defrost.  My Lovely Mum visited today and brought 5lb of frozen plums from her neighbour's tree.  She'd kindly stoned and halved them before freezing them for me in 1lb bags.  Makes it easy to weigh them to make jam or chutney later.

The same neighbour also gifted her some more plums yesterday so she brought even more for me!  I'll eat a few then freeze the rest for jam or chutney or maybe a fruit crumble.  Last year the neighbour's tree hardly produced any fruit but this year it's gone plum crazy!!  These are all extras that she can't use herself!  Plums are currently £2 a punnet here so getting these for free is amazing.

She also brought me an overgrown courgette!!  I'll make that into soup tomorrow 😋  I do love free food.

10 comments:

  1. Those plums look great and they freeze so well. This year we finally replaced our freezer for a frost free version - I'm loving not having to go through that rigmarole every few months.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both my freezers are supposed to be frost free!!!

      Delete
  2. It's lovely that people share their produce. My favourite time was one year my neighbour went on vacation just as her cherries were ripening. What a harvest we had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plums have been great down here too. I'm hoping to get to Lathcoats in a couple of hours to pick some more, partly for eating now and partly for the freezer. I love them. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love plums, might try to plant a plum tree in my back garden next year :-)

      Delete
  4. Free food is the best kind. The hedgerows are full and I'll be foraging for whatever is ripe some time this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love a bit of foraging if you can get in before the birds!!! We've got brambles and rose hips down the side of the allotments and elderberries just starting to turn black

      Delete
  5. I love plums especially cooked and then some yoghurt on top.Our fridge and freezer are supposed to be frost free (Bosch) but both need defrosted especially the fridge. Scorching here today so bedding washed, dried and back on-result! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baked plums are delicious!! Stormy here first thing so I had to wear my Winter jacket to work then by 3pm it was scorching! Weird weather indeed!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks