Sunday 7 August 2022

Day 44 Catch up

 


I had a lovely break away with my 2 amazing friends.  We righted the world and drank prosecco and gin.  We went to see The Drifters (surprise gift from our host!) and boogied all night.  I even got a wee bit sunburnt on the beach!  This beautiful one HERE  But it was just what we all needed before thinking about going back to school *sighs* 

I popped down to the plot this morning intending to sort out the polytunnel and dig up my potatoes.  I didn't get round to the potatoes as the nasturtiums took aaaages to sort out!!


Before and after!


I kept some of the flowers for eating and the seeds for pickling.  Hopefully I'll get a few more before the end of the season.


The raspberry season is almost over just as the bramble/blackberry one is beginning 😋


And I picked my first courgette/zucchini of the year!  It wasn't very big but it was enough to add to a veggie mix to make lasagne.

School is open this week for the cleaning staff to do a 'deep' clean so I'll be popping in to get some tidying/sorting done.  It will make my life easier if some stuff is done before I officially start back on the 15th.

And finally in other news, my son who has worked all through the pandemic in a very busy NHS hospital x-raying Covid patients has finally succumbed himself 😲  He tested positive this morning and while his fiancé isn't feeling well, she's still negative.  I'm pretty sure we'll have an outbreak when school returns so I'll just have to keep being careful.


8 comments:

  1. Hi we had covid back in March I had a scratchy throat and if I concentrated hard a bit of a headache, hubby lost his voice for a day but was fine. In factI would say his forth vaccine shot affected him more. We are 72 and 81. I know it can be a lot worse than this I have asthma and had flu and bronchitis and my covid was nothing like that so the vaccine works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful that the vaccine works. When I had Covid earlier this year I really didn't have bad symptoms, it was the post virus tiredness then secondary chest infection that floored me. My lovely mum is 75 and so far (touch wood) she hasn't had it despite being in close contact with other family members who have!! Hope you stay well! :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I've been to Lunan Bay! My mother was from Montrose and we spent the summer holidays there. Good idea getting ahead of the game at school. You will feel so much better going back if you are already organized,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely area, I'd never been before!! If I get all the organising jobs done now I'll feel better when the planning needs done next week :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had such a lovely break and the garden looks lovely. Rotten luck for your son though - hopefully he won't have it too badly and will feel loads better very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got a high temperature and a horrible cough. He just feels rotten, poor soul xxx

      Delete
  4. Your break sounds amazing and just what you needed. Sorry to hear that your son has now caught Covid, he did amazingly well to steer clear up to now. I hope he is soon feeling better and back to normal again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed he's not had it given the environment he works in! But enforced rest will do him good as he has a crazy shift pattern.

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks