Tuesday 6 September 2022

Finally finished!!

 

I finally finished the pink socks!!  For weeks they've sat in my project bag with just the toe to finish on the second sock.  No idea why I waited so long as it only took 20 mins to do the knitting and graft the toe.  Procrastination is my middle name!! And there's plenty of yarn leftover to knit a few more squares for my sock yarn blanket.

My aunt sent me some wee balls of sock yarn to add variety to my blanket.  They don't look much but the squares only need about 5g of yarn and they're all around 8 to 10g.

So I'm done with socks for now.  I didn't get my cardigan finished (it was part of my 50 days of Summer project) so I guess that's my next knitting project.

But my current big project is to get some painting and wallpapering done in preparation for something else that's happening soon 😉


8 comments:

  1. Love the socks-I have yet to make a start on mine. I’m guessing we’ll all be glad of warm clothes this winter due to the cost of fuel. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks will keep your toes warm this winter.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great socks and nice idea to make a blanket with the leftover yarn from sock making
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The blanket feels like a free project as the yarn was bought/gifted for socks and it uses up the leftovers :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love the socks, they are just what Winter needs ... secret bright pink socks tucked into warm cosy boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're 100% wool and very cosy! :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks