Sunday 2 October 2022

Big Changes

 

Yesterday I moved from my upstairs bedroom to the downstairs one in preparation for my son and daughter in law moving in with me. I intended to start by just moving my clothes into the downstairs wardrobe and it kinda snowballed from there!  I did it by myself as everyone was away/unavailable so it took me all day!!  It's amazing how you can move furniture by yourself by slowly bumping it down the stairs one at a time! Good old gravity!!😂  Although I did manage to smack myself on the cheekbone with the large chest of drawers so might have a lovely bruise for a few days!!

This room was decorated in blue tones almost 3 years ago (photos HERE) so all my purple/green themed bedding/curtains clash horribly.  Luckily the beautiful quilt my Lovely Mum made me (photo HERE) is a lovely cream pattern on the reverse.  The purple and green will be hidden for now but will definitely reappear in the future.


The room is roughly the same size so my cream chest of drawers and bedside cabinets all kinda fit in. I've kept the leather headboard mainly because it's fixed to the wall and I don't want to have to repair the damage it would make to remove it.  The wardrobe is smaller so I've had another big clearout of clothes plus I've gained the extra chest of drawers in the alcove. 


They match the headboard.  There's no room for the chair with the patchwork seat cover but it will go into my craft room.  There are still a few things to sort out so a final photo or maybe video of the room will follow at some point.  I've treated myself to a new laundry/linen basket (£18 from Argos) and I'll collect it later today.

Edited to add:  I've just realised that every piece of furniture in this room (except the mattress and the 3 fold mirror) is at least 16 years old and has been moved from 2 houses!!

At the same time, I'm also collecting a mini toaster oven. This one HERE.  Frugal Queen regularly mentions cooking in hers so I did the research and it definitely uses less electricity.  It will be cheaper to run than my big oven if I just have a few things to bake.   Last month I got my half share of an unexpected repayment from an old policy of £67 so it's a free mini oven really!! 

10 comments:

  1. I bet it felt a little bit like sleeping in a hotel room the first night! Rachel from Eternally 28 - not sure why blogger is playing up for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did feel a bit odd esp when I got up to go to the downstairs loo!!! Lol!

      Delete
  2. Well done on moving everything-I like to bet on with things when I am fired up and ready to go! The quilt looks lovely the other way round too and you’ll be needing it soon as I had to change to warmer duvet yesterday-brrr! I’m prepping my voluntary class today-kantha christmas. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo that sounds really interesting!! Do you use old sari fabrics?

      Delete
  3. Your new room looks lovely. Hope you don't have too bad a bruise.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Cheek is tender but not noticeably bruised

      Delete
  4. That sounds a very busy and energetic day - I bet you slept well afterwards.
    Hoping the bruise isn't too bad. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually didn't sleep well, strange surroundings I guess. My cheek hasn't bruised but it feels tender when I smile!

      Delete
  5. Do you ache today? Rub a bit of butter on that bruise. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily not too achey. I'd forgotten about butter for bruises!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks