Friday 5 January 2024

A full oven

 

I wanted to make some sweet potato dog chews.  They take at least 2 and a half hours in a low temp oven so I thought I might as well fill it if it's on that long.

Dunno if they're worth the effort and expense of the oven being on that long though!  Next time I'll just try dehydrating them.  But both dogs love them!! 

I made a rice pudding with oat milk and brown sugar.  Doesn't look very photogenic but it's absolutely delicious! 😋

I chucked in some potatoes to bake plus a leftover sweet potato.

And I made a potatoes boulangere!  Also absolutely delicious with plenty of leftovers to freeze.

I also made butter and started a sourdough loaf to bake tomorrow morning.  It's been a busy day! 😊

11 comments:

  1. Wow-what a satisfying day! I’m making samples for my craft class as I have a few ideas I need to try before I organise the resources to make them. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very satisfying! Sounds like a good day for you too :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Everything looks wonderful, even the dog chews.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tasted one, they're actually nice!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. I like to parboil my veggies a bit ( or microwave ) so they need less time baking.Usually aim for less than 1 hr in max temp to have the "fried" taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How productive! I make my own dog treats…have done since Nigel was a puppy 6 years ago. The recipe I use is Carrot and Apple dog treats by the Reluctant Entertainer. I don’t roll out the dough but use scissors to snip rough treat size pieces. I omit the sugar!
    They do take longer than stated to bake/dry out but I make a large batch and freeze them.
    Anything to save a bit of cash!😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some dog bone cutters ages ago so will be making a lot more healthy treats to help with training the wild Luna!! They're definitely cheaper than buying them :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. All this talk of dog treats and chews is very timely for us, we've been totting up how w much we spend on these and most have dodgy ingredients. Thanks for the ideas
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking into making more doggy treats so will post pics and recipes if they are successful! And they'll definitely have zero dodgy ingredients!! :-) xxx

      Delete
    2. I tried the apple and carrot treats as mentioned above. They are great, I did leave out the sugar and add in some dog safe peanut butter ( just a large dessert spoon) the dogs love them.
      Alison in Wales x

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks