Wednesday 31 July 2024

Tesco splurge

 

Hair cut day for me today! ✂ I got it all chopped off, much easier to look after.  I grew it longer for the wedding but truthfully long hair is a faff I just can't be bothered with!! 😂 Even my hairdresser was stunned at the length.  Cost me £55 plus tip for a cut and blow dry.  It's worth it for me as I probably won't get it cut again this year, I'll grow it out a bit until I'm fed up with it again!

Since I parked in the Tesco car park for free, I popped in to see if they had any yellow stickers.  There wasn't a great discount off the meat but as their slogan says it all helps.  I've already cooked this mince off with some bendy grated carrots and red lentils.  I got 4 generous portions for the freezer.


I also got some beef strips.  I split the 375g pack into 3 generous portions and froze them raw.  I don't normally freeze meat raw but thought it would be easier to stir fry raw so it stays tender.  I could probably have got 4 portions but I'm really craving beef atm as I rarely have it.

I also bought a cotton dress in their sale, reduced to £20.  It's so comfy and cool with a shirred back which is my favourite style right now.  No faffing with zips/buttons and it stretches to accommodate my expanding girth!!!! 😱😂

I had £7.50 worth of vouchers so that covered the meat.  But the dress was a wee splurge! 

16 comments:

  1. Your hair is gorgeous -lovely soft cut and so healthy looking. Your dress is ideal for this heatwave too. A lovely days treats and well deserved. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It'll be much easier to look after especially in the heat :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. I like your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, just a Florence and Fred one but is 100% soft cotton :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Love the dress, suits you! I always feel a bit sad when someone chops their hair. But just for selfish reasons, because my hair doesn't grow long, only a bit longer than this your "short" version. I've had a proper haircut more than 24 years ago, and my hair just about touches my shoulders. Genetics is peculiar thing.
    Ulvmor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a long time I couldn't grow my hair past my shoulders. It was fine and would split. It's only in the last few years when I stopped colouring it it has grown a lot! :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love your hair. Just the perfect cut for you. I have found wearing dresses is much cooler right now when our temps are in the mid to high 30C area. That dress suits you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My retirement fashion style is moving towards loose dresses when it's hot. I've got a few now :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. Your hair and dress look lovely
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks lovely, and that still seems very long to me. It really suits you like that, and the dress was a bargain, just right for this little mini-heatwave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Much more manageable in this weather and easier to keep. Love my dress, it's so comfy!!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  7. A very nice dress. The styles are very wearable at the moment, a good length and width, and plenty in cotton. I bought several in the sales a year ago, which will last me for years.
    I wash my hair at home because my back and neck can’t cope with their sinks, then I walk to the village hairdresser for a good cut, with no extras, and it costs £14 in cash. It is quiet mid-week. I cut it myself in the isolation years, it didn’t show in a plait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much my perfect dress. Shirred back makes it fit nicely around my 'best' bit, puffed short sleeves (very flattering on my upper arms) and a gently gathered skirt (not too voluminous) that hits my lower calf. I've got a few in a similar style but this is my all time favourite!! I get my hair cut twice a year. My hairdresser knows this and his expert cut stays tidy as it grows. It's a splurge but now I don't need to think about my hair again until early next year :-) xxx

      Delete
  8. I love that hair too - it is so pretty and soft. And a lovely dress - must go and take a look in Tesco sometime. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They have some nice things but their sizing is all over the place!! :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks