Thursday 8 August 2024

It's starting to look colourful!

 

While Luna was at daycare today, I finished painting the first wall and some of the woodwork.  I haven't painted the door yet as I was undecided on the colour and it needs a new handle.  You can see how dingy and grubby it is compared to the white surrounding woodwork!  I had a thought about painting the door the same Natural Calico colour as the walls.  I did a quick research and was delighted to discover that paint colour actually comes in Satinwood!  Hooray!!  So I did a wee click and collect order from B&Q on the way to collect Luna.  I'll paint the door next time.

My books are back in the bookcase, the orange is peeking through nicely. This chair will be reupholstered when I've saved up.  I'm thinking green velvet or similar.

My Harry Potter items are back on top but feels like something is missing.  It needs something else on the left hand side to balance the height of the books.  I'll have a think about that.

I'm planning on painting the radiator red to pick up the red roofs in the painting above.  I had ordered some samples of radiator paint from B&Q and they came today.

They come in sets of 6 in the same colour family.  This is the red set.  Costs £5 and was free postage.  I'll test them in situ before deciding which one although I'm leaning towards bottom right one.


This wee stool was painted in Annie Sloan's Emperor's Silk a few weeks ago and waxed.  I gathered up Luna's toys into a basket to keep them tidy but she keeps emptying it! πŸ˜‚

I took the chance to give everything a deep clean and hoover while I had uninterrupted peace (Luna barks at the hoover!!)  It felt good to get that done.  My living room is starting to come to life with colour! πŸ’–πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ

16 comments:

  1. For your Harry Potter shelf: A Choosing Hat! Or a tree, though I can't remember its name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Whomping Willow!! I did look at a Lego version of it but it's quite expensive :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, I like the hat idea for the shelf. Your room is coming along very nicely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A Sorting Hat would be fab :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. That looks so much brighter and more welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The neutral wall colour definitely lightens the room and makes the colours pop :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. How lovely that corner with your comfy chair looks. The pops of colour are a great idea, making radiators come alive and contribute more than just heat to a room.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chair is sooo comfy but a bit battered by dogs (hence the throw!) I've painted small radiators in bold colours before but not a bigger regularly used one. That's why I looked for special radiator paint. You can have any colour you want! :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. I like natural calico as a wall colour and it’s a good idea to do the door the same. I like all of the radiator colours and would probably recover the chair to match. Always a 1970s girl trying to relive my first home! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! My memories of 70s dΓ©cor was orange and brown. My sister and I shared a bedroom and we really wanted a pink room. My parents talked us into brown curtains and an orange and brown swirly nylon carpet! Thanks Mum!!! Lol! :-) xxx

      Delete
  6. Perhaps just a smallish jug with some artificial flowers that pick out the colour of the HP books on top of the bookcase. Having the door the same colour as the walls is a really good idea. Sophie, our old Border Collie used to bark at the hoover as well, it made for a very noisy cleaning up session every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I like that idea! Luna is a nightmare as she barks and attacks it when it's on!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  7. A lush green plant would add depth and more color to your bookshelf! I can’t wait to see your room completely decorated, it’s looking great so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo a nice trailing green leafy plant could work. I could pretend it's Devil's Snare! (HP reference!) LOL!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  8. i really like your use of colour, it makes the room really interesting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going a bit wild with colour, because I can! Lol!! :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks