Monday 5 August 2024

Making (slow) progress

 


Yesterday was Luna's first gotcha day!  It's hard to believe that it was a year ago this wee lunatic came into my life and turned it upside down!!


Exactly a year later barking at birds outside on the road at 8am on a Sunday morning!!


Today she went back to day care for the first time in 3 months!!  It was fab for me and I know she had a ball.  I was able to paint the wall behind where the blue and orange bookcase will stand.  It's now had 3 coats of Natural Calico (free from my Lovely Mum as she bought too much!)  Bits of it still look like it needs another coat.  That mocha colour is proving hard to cover!


I started the other side of the door into the kitchen and it's had 2 coats now.  It definitely needs another coat. 


It's taking shape slowly.  I've booked Luna in again for Thursday so will hopefully get the woodwork done too on that wall then the bookcase can be moved back and the books will go back in.  I've accepted I can only do a wee bit at a time so I'm not setting myself a deadline on getting the whole room finished.


I had hoped to do a wee bit of gardening today as well but it's rained heavily.  Yesterday my neighbour kindly came into my back garden and fixed some wobbly planks in the fence.  He had removed an overgrown vine from his side that was damaging my side and is adding more planks to his side.  So my fence will be nice and secure thanks to him and his son 😊

Tomorrow I finally get rid of the prepayment meters for my gas and electricity.  Hooray!!  I've already paid 2 months worth of direct debits so I'm building up some credit for the Winter already.  I'll have a Smart meter so will hopefully be able to monitor my energy usage more closely.

10 comments:

  1. Good progress as you can only do bits and pieces. We had new double glazing fitted last week and I have never had to clear up such a mess in my life. DH ended up giving the study and the spare room a coat (or two) of almond white paint just to freshen up those rooms. I have given away 50 paperbacks and he cut down the tall Billy bookcase for me and it lets so much more light into the study. The worst job was rehanging the curtains as two rooms have 120” wide x2 curtains. Blinds are ordered and hopefully will be ready next week. The dishwasher broke again two weeks ago and we finally ordered a new one today. I hope that’s all the spending for now! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only once fitted new double glazing windows and I still remember the mess all these years later!! At some point I'll need to replace mine but I'll keep repairing them as long as I can. I find it really hard to get rid of books but over the years I've gone from 3 full bookcases to just one. Fingers crossed nothing else breaks as they always happen together!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Your Luna is a beautiful girl. It must be very satisfying to be making progress on all your projects. All looking good.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also aware that my creaky shoulders can't do a full day of rollering paint any more so a few hours here and there is probably a more sensible approach. Luna is especially beautiful when she's asleep!!!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Smiled at your comment about Luna being beautiful when she is asleep. She is a fine looking girl. Good to get on with painting while she was at day care. It's good for her to have some doggy time, our rescue boy goes one day a week. You will be able to 'crack on' with jobs now, pace yourself though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was absolutely exhausted last night. It was brilliant!! When she goes I'm going to spend half the day doing DIY and the other half doing nice 'me' things :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow, a whole year of Luna already. I bet it feels like she's always been with you though. Don't worry Labradors calm down when they get to around 8 or 9 ... as my son is just finding out. Their two are 9 and 10, one a fully trained gundog and one a lunatic. 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep from past experience it's usually around that age!! I don't mind the energy she has, it's the barking at everything that moves outside and jumping on other dogs when we're out a walk. None of my other Labs ever did that. She's definitely a one off!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. Slow and steady is always the best way to go. Luna is so beautiful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep definitely in tortoise mode to win this race of painting while she's at daycare!! :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks