Thursday 31 May 2018

No thanks


Yesterday I had my annual PRD meeting (Professional Review and Development) with my soon to be Acting Headteacher.  My HT is taking up a seconded post for a year so everyone on the management team is moving up which leaves a vacancy for a Principal Teacher (PT).   We had a very productive professional discussion where I talked about what I had achieved and what I hope to achieve next year.  All pretty standard stuff.

Just as I thought we'd come to the end of our chat, she asked me what my leadership plans were for the coming year and beyond.  I was rather taken aback as I've long made it clear I'm not interested in a leadership role.  I resisted the HUGE temptation to say "Oh I'm just hanging on until retirement now!" (I really had to work at stopping myself saying it out loud!!!) 😆

I've always said I'm not interested in promotion at this late stage in my career.  I'm happy to be a class teacher and when the balance of enjoyment of my job and stress/crap/health is disrupted I'll walk away.  Out of curiosity I did have a look at the PT job advert online but it was only a small increase in salary for a huge increase in workload.

No thanks but it was nice to be thought I would be interested.

4 comments:

  1. Well done. I agree that it is a lot more work for very little extra salary but how flattering to be considered. Quite an ego booster for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely an ego boost but I'm happy enough just being a class teacher :-)

      Delete
  2. Nice that she considered you, and good to know you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good to know management think I'm doing a good job :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks