Sunday 14 April 2019

Holiday round up


I over did it on the painting front.  I know I had a deadline for the carpet to be fitted (I set it myself so I'm not complaining!) but I pushed myself too hard.  There are still a few niggly finishing off bits to do especially as OH has been drilling holes for new handles and hooks etc.  I'll do them next weekend I think.

So I spent the remainder of last week doing some crafty things and some gardening (mainly tidying up).


I painted some gold photo frames (donated by my Lovely Mum) and the Dream cutout for my bedroom in Graphite chalk paint.  They were a bit boring.  Then I found some Glitter finish when I was browsing in B&Q.  What a difference a wee bit of sparkle made to the black!!


I printed off some quotes I saved on Pinterest and here they are ready to go on the wall in my study.  I posted this photo in my Thrifty Recycling Group on FB and got a fab response.  So I've entered these pics into the monthly 'Make it Yours' Rustoleum competition.  Looking at past winners I might be be lucky enough to pick up one of the 10 runner up prizes of a goodie bag!  Fingers crossed 👍


I made some Rhubarb vodka with some forced rhubarb from my garden and Elderberry vodka with some dried elderberries.  I love the contrast in delicate pink and almost black colours after just a few days!!



I started sorting some craft materials.  I found things I don't even remember buying 😳 I found a bag with 9 balls of Rowan Biggy Print (discontinued).  It's a super chunky wool that needed size 20mm needles!  The biggest ones I  had were 15mm ones.  I could only get 30 stitches on the needle!!!  I knitted 3 squares to stitch together to make a wee throw to go on one of my living room sofas.  The colours are even more vibrant in real life.


I went to TK Maxx to look for a large white plate/bowl to sit on my dining table.  I got a white picnic basket.  No idea what I'm going with it but I couldn't leave it!


I also got some bargain priced quinoa for my storecupboard.


And some green tea (I've discovered making cold brew tea!!)

I also got some PJ bottoms, a glass water jug and the white plate I was actually looking for!! 😆

Today is the last day of my holiday.  I think we're going to go out for a spin on the motorbike later.  Tomorrow it's back to work for 4 days then I'm off again for the long Easter weekend.  It's going to be an interesting week as I have a student teacher on his final placement.  I've already had the heads up he needs "a bit of support" and not to commit to other duties in school "in case you're needed in the classroom."  I'm trying to be positive and hope I can be a good mentor.  My last experience with a student was 'interesting.' 😒

I've also been given another half day to work with other classes to raise attainment in writing.  I love doing this!  So from now until the end of May I won't actually be teaching much.  Could be an interesting term!

3 comments:

  1. Love your photo frames, you should win they are worthy. School holidays are weird this year, as Easter is so late, here the youngsters are on break until the Tuesday after Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, holidays are very odd this year!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your student teacher. They can be more work than your regular students! Lucky you having rhubarb up - mine was under ice until two weeks ago so is very far behind.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks