Saturday 11 March 2023

Sold!

 


Finally at 16.53 yesterday (7 minutes before my lawyer's office closed) the flat sale finally went through and the money was transferred into my account.  I got back more or less the same amount of money I paid as the deposit so I'm happy with that.  But I have paid a few thousand in legal and estate agent fees.  I'm just relieved that part 1 of my 'grand plan' to retire is complete.  Now on to planning the next stages.

In other news I've not been well this week and took 3 days off work.  I definitely had/have some sort of virus as I've had a pounding headache with a high temperature and been alternating being freezing cold and boiling hot!!  I had a few days in bed and then stupidly went back to work on Thursday  When will I learn?? 🙄

Folk at work were happy that the teacher's pay claim in Scotland has been resolved.  It looks a good deal on paper, 13.5% but that's back dated to last April and spread out over 28 months.  It's not 13.5% all at once.  And in 2 years time teachers will be back to the same position of negotiating the next pay rise.  I'm glad I'll be out of it.

Thankfully this week I was able to just pull something quick and nutritious out the freezer as cooking when you're not well is off the agenda.  I took a photo of my tubs in the freezer as it was very satisfying to see them all 😊 Saved me time and money as no takeaways were required!

16 comments:

  1. Brilliant news, what a good start to the weekend. :-)

    Isn't it satisfying to see all those 'ready meals' and know that they are good nutritious homemade ready meals, just what your body no doubt needs to fight off all these bugs that are attacking you. Roll on the Easter break, you must be looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can have a decent meal ready within 10 mins using my ready made tubs and adding frozen veggies. Can't wait until the Easter break. 3 weeks to go! :-)

      Delete
  2. Great news about the flat and that’s another step forward to retirement. I also had some kind of bug this past week and hopefully have finally shaken it off. I said to my husband exactly what you just said about your payrise but next time you won’t be involved.Take care of yourself and don’t be struggling in when you aren’t well. Not long til your Spring break and then the countdown begins. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a also a vomiting bug hit the school last week. I can't wait to get out that environment for good!! :-)

      Delete
  3. I am so happy that the flat has sold and you can move on to the next step in your retirement plans. I hope you feel better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, still feeling ropey today but really pleased to have the flat finally off my hands :-)

      Delete
  4. Excellent news about your flat being sold.
    Roll on retirement:)
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! One more bite out of the elephant. Next step is to feel healthy again. ~ skye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not working with wee ones will improve my health but I will miss them loads :-)

      Delete
  6. Glad your home finally sold. Buying and selling is so stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I wasn't selling and needing to move out straight into a new place. That would have messed up the whole chain for many people. Hopefully it will run more smoothly when the time comes to sell my actual home :-)

      Delete
  7. Three cheers! I'm so glad things are sorting out. It's taken a long, long time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, 4 months of is it going ahead or will I need to start over? So happy it's finally over :-)

      Delete
  8. Sorry you were ill. Hope you are well now. Great you had a food stock so easy eating. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, that’s one less thing you have to worry about!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks