Friday 28 July 2023

Floored!

 

I finally got the utility room and kitchen floored with laminate flooring.  It took 2 and a half months for it to be delivered!  When I ordered (and paid for) it I was told it would take up to 4 weeks.  Pffttt!! Although in retrospect I'm glad it wasn't down for the party 🙄 Removing the ancient linoleum was bloody hard work.  It was well stuck down!!!!

Before and after in the utility room

And the kitchen

I'm about 90% happy with it.  There are a few rough edges and a bit where the fitter was lazy and should have taken some more time.  Plus he left sawdust absolutely everywhere 🙄 But it's done and finished so now I need to get a move on with the rest of the decorating.

I did manage to get the painting in this room finished on time for the new carpet to be fitted. Just magnolia on the walls and Brilliant White on the woodwork.  I already had it leftover from other projects.  My son and DIL bought an IKEA chair and some curtains, both in dark green.  Once their navy sofa comes, they'll have their own sitting room at last!

13 comments:

  1. It's all looking very good now. I don't understand some workmen that just leave a mess behind them, I mean he will never work for you again now will he, but if he had been super careful and neat you might well have used in a future home. It's their loss in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, he won't be doing any work for me in the future!! But as they can pick and choose which jobs they want we don't have much choice sometimes! Next time if I get laminate fitted again, I will remove all the skirting boards then re fit them or fit new ones on top of the new flooring. I hate the beading he's put round the edges as it doesn't actually match the laminate or the skirting boards. But I only have to live with it until next year :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks good but I understand your frustration with the delay and mess! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delays and mess are a bit of a theme here lately!! :-)

      Delete
  3. Everything looks wonderful. I want to change the flooring in out kitchen and keeping my fingers crossed that we can get it done very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wish I had done it sooner so I'd get the benefit of it and not the next owner. Ah well :-)

      Delete
  4. I of course can't see the quality of the work but I do like the colour. I have actually been looking at that green chair and footstool from Ikea for my husband and wondered how comfortable it was. A sign of the times when I'm looking at the same furniture and about as far away from you as possible in southern Victoria Australia 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is a bit paler than I remember from the shop sample! But I do like it. The chair is lovely and it's comfy but as a flat pack there were some issues putting it together. We couldn't get the last bolt in at all as the hole was misaligned. We had to do some major 'jiggery pokery' with screws to make it fit!! I believe you can buy it already made though :-)

      Delete
  5. It all looks great and now you'll all have your own space.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're (they're) still working on it... :-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! Good to see you back in blogland :-)

      Delete
    2. All a bit strange - it's decided after a very long time to change my user name and let me post. comment etc, who am I to question it? lol Just hope the miserable old trout bullies stay away. Onwards and upwards :) x

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks