Wednesday 2 August 2023

At least some of it is edible!


Even my Lovely Mum has commented that I've not been blogging much lately.  "Erm, I've been busy with you..."  I said.  "Oh, yeah!" 😂 She's finally home after 4 weeks in hospital with instructions to take it easy for the time being.  But she's not used to life in the slow lane!!

In my absence the plot has just gone weed crazy!  But in amongst the craziness, some edible/usable stuff is growing.

Echinacea, calendula, onions, leeks and red onions

Aubergines, raspberries, potatoes, chillies, tomatoes, cucumbers and nasturtiums 

I haven't done any July end of the month totals.  I'm scared to look!!  (I might do it at some point.)  I know I haven't spent too much other than supermarkets and a few things for mum.  I did get my final full salary though.  I'll get half a month for August then that's it.  I'll be living on a teeny pension and my savings until I sell the house next year.

I know it's too early to look at houses for sale but I tell myself it's market research for next Spring!  I did find something I love just outside Stirling that's well within my budget.  I even love the name, Cherrytree Cottage.  But it's too early for me 😭  Have a wee look  HERE 👀

Just 2 more sleeps until Puppy Day!! 🐕

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your mum is on the mend. The cottage looked nice but in need a bit of tlc I think. You must be so excited about the puppy. Puppy pads at the ready! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep got my washable puppy pads ready! I'm happy take on a small TLC project of a cottage/bungalow, not a building project. Although that might be a case of famous last words knowing me!!!!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Loved the cottage and with sensible downstairs bedroom and bathroom for the long term. I'm a dog person so looking forward to meeting the new arrival ( some times the first night is pretty stressful)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cottage has everything on my wish list except the timing! Yes I remember well the first nights of puppy howling but hopefully she'll settle quickly :-)

      Delete
  3. So glad that your Mom is home, and hopefully will slow down. Lots of goodness coming from your plot.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she's doing well so far. Lots of good stuff growing at home as well despite the neglect!! :-)

      Delete
  4. That cottage looks pretty perfect, what a shame about the timing. But you never know, what with the current property market being so weird it could still be available next year! I can just imagine that garden with vegetable beds and that conservatory full of tomato plants. :-)

    Exciting days ahead with the new puppy. We have never had a puppy howl at night as obviously we have other dogs for them to cuddle into from day one, and that worked out just fine. Puppy pads definitely needed though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have faith something will come up at the right time. I have plans B, C and D lined up, just in case!!! Only ever had the first one howl at night so fingers crossed having Emma here will help :-)

      Delete
  5. Rachel again, now reading backwards haha oh that little cottage is darling and I don’t think I’d change anything! If it’s meant to be the one, it will be there when it’s time for you to buy x I’m a bit envious of you not going back to work in September! X Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your mum is on the mend! I love the Echinacea flowers you grew- beautiful!x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks