Monday 28 March 2016

Easter Monday

I had to go into town this morning with The Teenager to sort out his contact lenses contract.  I needed a few bits n bobs so had to look round the shops while I was there.  I had a £5 voucher for M&S so went to have a look at their ballet pump style shoes as I need a summery pair for work.  I like their Footglove shoes and they do half sizes (I'm a UK size 4 1/2) so know they fit me.  I saw these and really liked them.  Ok they're an animal print but they're actually pretty neutral and very comfy. They have a wee wedge so aren't completely flat, which I really like.  I ended up paying full price as my voucher had just expired!  GRRR!! Note to self *check voucher dates*


OH is off on holiday to Australia on Wednesday and this baby blanket is going with him as a gift for an old friend's wee girl.


I started this ages ago for another friend's baby and never finished it as I made her a quilted play mat instead.  It was going to be a Tweed Baby Blanket which is a modern twist on a traditional Shetland  Hap Shawl I didn't have enough yarn (I used it for other baby knits) to do the feather and fan lace edging, so simply crocheted a wee edge.  Yarn is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in Clotted Cream and Mocha.  It is currently blocking on a damp towel so I hope it will be dry in time to be wrapped and packed tomorrow night! I'm glad I've been able use this as the yarn was pricey.  It's not cost me anything as I had already bought the yarn ages ago so is a sunk cost (one of the few accounting tricks I picked up from the ex!!!)


Yesterday I made a roast dinner and tried this mix for GF Yorkshire puddings.


Looks a bit different from the packet!!!  This is the second time I've tried to make a dairy and gluten free version and both times it didn't rise.  Might give up.


I had lots of leftover veggies so they got turned into soup.  One serving for today's lunch and one to take to work tomorrow.  Officially I am now job sharing but I agreed to do some extra cover tomorrow and Wednesday.  So over the next few days I'll be teaching 5 different classes then my own on Thursday and Friday.

Then I'm on holiday for 2 weeks!  WOOHOO!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of 'sunk cost' before but its a good term, I can quote it now and see who else knows what it means !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha!! It just means the money was spent and can't be refunded so shouldn't be included in costing something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunk cost has entered the Inglewood vocabulary lol Love the blanket

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blanket, shoes and soup ... I can't say the same for the Yorkshire puds, they don't look very appetising ... more like a couple of pucks for a game of ice hockey ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks