Wednesday 3 November 2021

COP26

 


Regular blog readers will know I'm a member of the Scottish Green Party and like to do my bit for the environment.  I'm not overtly political and this isn't a political post AT ALL.  But as COP26 is taking place 30 mins from where I live it's hard to ignore especially as there are major travel issues for the whole Central belt of Scotland.

I do find it ironic that all these world leaders and celebrities like Leonardo De Capri have flown into Glasgow and Edinburgh airports in private jets.  400 of them apparently ✈ I also read that 3 private jets flew from Prestwick to Glasgow which must have taken them about 5 mins!!! The train takes 53 mins 🚄

The US President is actually staying in Edinburgh and travels to Glasgow in a huge motorcade down a closed motorway.  Fair enough due to security etc.  But I did laugh heartily (then coughed for 5 mins!!) when I saw this headline Large Naked Man 😂

I also laughed when my youngest son sent me a message telling me that the hospital in Glasgow where he works had sent an email warning all staff that protesters have been attempting to block and close the motorway.  This would disrupt his journey to work. In all seriousness he asked me "Any word on your groups if there are motorway protests planned?"  I think he thinks I'm way cooler than I am belonging to some radical groups!! 😂😂 My local Extinction Rebellion group (mostly students and retired folks) unfurled banners on a bridge.  That's as radical as it gets round here! But don't tell him that 😉

10 comments:

  1. It must be a real pain having so many traffic jams and roads closed - is it one more week?

    Wonder how they knew the large naked man was Scottish!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's 2 whole weeks. My poor son has to leave for work an hour earlier than normal

      Delete
  2. I've just done a rant about it on my blog! My mums been in hospital and it's been a nightmare getting there. There is nothing planet saving about this giant pr exercise! Thankfully mum got home today and thankfully I know the city very well and was able to find a scenic route home to avoid the worst of it, but it's horrific. I hope you're beginning to feel a bit better! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I just read it! All talk and no action or Blah Blah Blah as Greta says!!

      Glad your mum is feeling well enough to be back home. I'm getting a bit better but oh my it's sooo slow!!

      Delete
  3. And I bet they will all be drinking from (my pet peeve) plastic single use water bottles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope not!!! One of my pet peeves too!

      Delete
  4. Here is hoping that they at least come to some consensus. Get all those people together and really nothing gets decided.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that most nations seem to be agreed that 'something' has to be done. But sadly they don't seem to be able to decide what to do.

      Delete
  5. Hellooo I’m here on an old fashioned blog hop via Joy. What a huge PIA having that so close to you and it is laughable with all their planes flying in! I got a parcel delivered the other day that said 0 carbon footprint and I honestly thought HOW??? There’s something tricky afoot. Do they plant so many trees to offset my online shop delivery?? At least the packaging is recyclable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello back, thanks for popping in! I'm a bit confused as to how companies are already saying they're 0 carbon footprint. Something I'm going to research further at some point!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks