Tuesday 8 October 2024

New beginnings

 

So after much thought, I've decided to close this blog.  I'll keep it up but will close comments by the end of the week.  I'll now be blogging at Ali Lives Well on Less.

This is my 4th blog in 17 years but definitely the longest running one.  And it's a record of everything I've done and been through in the last 14 years.  It has a lot of personal details so those of you who have been here since the early days know how I got to where I am now!

It was thanks to you guys and my DIL that I picked up my phone and started making videos for YouTube.  It was thanks to you guys that my wee channel got it's first 500 subscribers which alerted the algorithm that promoted it.  And then the rest is history!  Current subscribers number is 6,846 and the total views is almost half a million!!! 😮 I've also been approached to review some products!! 😮😮

I'll still be blogging about all the same things on the new blog but there will be less personal details. And it will be mostly linked to the videos  Huge thanks to all of you who checked ways of finding this blog, I've tried to remove all photos and details that could identify my family to a wider audience.  

Comment moderation will be turned on as judging by some of the comments I get on YT, there are some weird people out there!!  There are also some genuinely lovely people out there who have been through some tough times so I hope that we can help each other.  A few folk have commented that despite retiring I'm still teaching!  And I kinda like that description although I do try very hard not to use my 'teacher's voice' 😂

So, huge big mega THANK YOU to you all for supporting me on the journey!!  I do hope you'll continue to stay with me as you all have a wealth of knowledge and experience too that's worth sharing.

Much love to you all 💕💕💕

Ali xxx

1 comment:

  1. That all makes such perfect sense, a good decision. I can't wait to follow your foody journey and all that's linked to it. Perhaps some regular shopping 'hauls' (I hate that word, but can't think of another, is there a Scottish equivalent?), those always seem really interesting to YouTube watchers, especially as a couple of people who used to do a regular weekly one have recently just vanished. I guess sharing your shopping each week can seem repetitive to the person doing it, but the following on YouTube seem to really enjoy it.

    Whatever happens I'll be following you, as I have since way back in the day ... I think we know far too much about each others lives, but in a good way. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks