Saturday 8 June 2024

A quick bathroom fix

 

The shower screen in the bathroom is useless.  It has a 1cm gap at the bottom and just isn't big enough to stop water splashing out all over the floor.  And I was being really careful!  So I decided to get a shower curtain instead.  Isn't it pretty?!  I used one of those tension no drill rods so we'll see how long it stays up!!!

I did try to take the glass screen down but the screws are so rusted in and it just wouldn't budge.  I can swing it out the way against the wall though.  It just fits neatly beside the heated towel rail which was once chrome but someone painted white.  Badly! πŸ™„

The sealant around the bath was very dodgy so I've covered it up with a sticky caulk strip.  It looks better but again I'll see how long it lasts.  Just a few quick DIY fixes so I can have a shower or a bath without flooding the floor!! πŸšΏπŸ›€

Costs: shower curtain £11.99, shower rail £20.87, sealant tape £7.99 for 2 x 3m rolls (I only used 1 roll)

14 comments:

  1. As long as it is water tight good. I put epoxy putty oner a crack in my daughters bath so they could use it until they got round to doing the bathroom worked fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reviews said it lasted well so we'll see. It's a temporary fix until I decide what to do with the bathroom long term :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. A job well done. And at least you can have a shower without soaking the floor now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly there was water everywhere! Thankfully I had put down a few bath mats just in case!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. We have had a tension rod for years and it is still going strong. Just don't hang on the shower curtain (found that out the hard way as the tension rod came down on my head).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great temporary fix while you make decisions. It takes away the pressure, doesn't it. I think the curtain is lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is that temporary fixes end up lasting years if they work!!! But yep, takes the pressure off and it looks good for now :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. Love the shower curtain and well done on making the whole thing waterproof! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making it waterproof was the priority and it looks pretty too! :-) xxx

      Delete
  6. That's a very pretty shower curtain. The bathroom is at least clean and useable now. There's nothing worse than having to mop up at the end of every shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beyond ridiculous the amount of water that sprayed out! I could have got a cheaper plain white one but I thought this was so pretty! :-) xxx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful shower curtain, Ali. It will make you smile every time you have a shower. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks