Oh how I started the year naively thinking I'd be closer to my retirement goals and finally enjoying the life I wanted. Even without Covid, this year has sucked for my family. Organising funerals in the midst of a pandemic wasn't nice. Clearing out a hoarder's house definitely wasn't nice. My youngest son's relationship broke down and he moved back home. Not nice for him. And I finally severed ties with someone who just couldn't be a friend once our relationship had ended. So yeah, 2020 can do one!!
But since I'm not a negative Nelly I can acknowledge the positives that have come from this year. Like many others I have been forced to slow down and reassess what is important. And practise gratitude for what I do have. Throughout the year my job was secure and my family stayed Covid free.
I can now look back at my 2020 goals and realise I have achieved some of them, to some degree.
1. I did work out a retirement plan then changed it, several times! I'm changing stages in school next year and have committed another 2 years to my school. So I'm still teaching but I have a few other things in the pipeline.
2. My son is currently living in the extended part of the house so we'll see how the Air BnB concept 'could' work.
3. I managed to save then spent my savings!! Ah well!
4. I did reclaim my back garden from the chickens. It's a work in progress but it's much better than it was.
5. Gigantic FAIL! Neither fit nor healthy atm but I'm working on it.
6. I did grow more fruit and vegetables thanks to my new allotment!
7. I've made a few permanent changes that will help but I could definitely do a lot more.
I really have no ideas what my 2021 goals are yet. Obviously to stay healthy and Covid free is in there, plus growing more stuff on my allotment. I'll have a think and read what other people are planning. But right now 2020 can get stuffed!!