Friday 17 November 2023

Slow progress but progress!


Three years after the first bit of roughcast fell off, I'm finally getting the side extension repaired.  It's taken that long to get a reliable company to actually turn up and start the job.  3 different companies came, quoted, gave me a start date and disappeared into the void!  I know they had to have certain weather conditions but it dragged on for ages.  Luckily I didn't pay anything up front! In the end I gave up on getting it roughcast again and it's being clad instead.  Lots of houses round here have been clad recently so it won't look out of place.


Of course they've found more issues like a rotten windowsill and a cracked corner.  But all fixable.  They were supposed to start on Monday and be finished by today.  This is how it looks this morning. *sighs*  Good tradesmen are hard to find and we're really at their mercy as they're in short supply.  I am assured it will be finished 'within a couple of weeks' πŸ™„πŸ™„

Luna was at puppy day care yesterday.  I think she was tired out!!  I managed to paint some doors and woodwork in her absence so progress is being made 😊

12 comments:

  1. The house next door to us which was extended by the owner who’s a builder, has cladding on various parts and it looks great. Hope they return soon and finish the job! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good way to cover up imperfect walls and make them watertight too. I've gone for a soft grey which should look good next to the white windows and doors :-)

      Delete
  2. She's all legs right now, isn't she?! Looks like puppy day care is great for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I joke that she looks like a moose with those long legs!! She loves day care and has a best friend already called Alan who is a black Lab!! :-)

      Delete
  3. Doggie Day Care sure tires Luna out. She looks very comfortable.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very comfortable on my bed, on my sofas and my armchairs!! :-)

      Delete
  4. It's expensive keeping a house up to snuff, isn't it? Luna is really shooting up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! I can do the inside stuff myself (mostly) but anything outside really needs the pros. Luna is now 14kg which is about half her adult weight :-)

      Delete
  5. I wish you lived closer - I could thoroughly recommend Seth and his team - they do a great job and are very well thought of round here.
    It will be lovely when it's done, won't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be lovely. It should have been completed by now but they've only been here 1 day and all they did was remove the remaining roughcast. I am trying to be patient but they're not making it easy!! :-)

      Delete
  6. I see keeping Luna off the furniture is going well 🀣😲She's certainly got you well trained! Getting the outside sorted will be a big step forward.
    I'm still not sure how I feel about the home report system. On one hand, its good to get confirmation that there's nothing seriously wrong with your home. On the other, the valuation part does tend to fix in peoples minds and if it's lower than you were hoping for its a bit of a downer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm very well trained!! Lol! I'm not a fan of the home report system but it's what we have to use so I need to 'play the game.' I know the flat roof on the extension will get flagged up as that's standard, even if they're brand new!! As long as I can avoid getting a 3 on some things I'll be happy. Where I live is in high demand due to the location so I should get offers over the home report value. It just depends on who's in a position to buy and move :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks